I think people get to a point in a weight-loss journey where things are going good, and there isn't much to talk about, but at the same time, some pretty profound things are happening.

Take this morning for instance...

1. Wake up to a smiling baby...finally after two days of non-stop night screaming.
2. Do the morning ritual.
3. Step on the scale.
4. Step off and do a happy dance.
5. Get dressed, find out skinny jeans are ummm..LOOSE!

There are times when significant things happen that deserve celebration and praise, but I think that the most important things are the small changes. The subtle things that often go unnoticed. Like being able to chase after your toddler in the park, and not get winded. Standing for a long period of time without looking for somewhere to sit. Taking a second glance in the mirror to admire your new jawline.

It is things like this that keep me moving, keep me motivated. I may not shrink 5 sizes in 2 months, but I am doing this the right way, the healthy way!

In retrospect, I also just started the bible study Made to Crave. Being a Jesus girl has helped so much in this journey, but I am ready for more. I am ready for more of God and his blessings. I am ready to stop eating for comfort and to rely more on Him.

If you are wondering where to start...I totally recommend this book/study. In just the three days I have been reading, I have learned so much about why I ate the way I did, and what I can do to fix it. Believe me, it is NOT a diet plan, but a total mind transformation.

Today's Meal Plan

Breakfast- 296 calories

Thomas Everything Bagel Thin
1 slice of bacon
1 egg, over easy
Dannon Light and Fit Strawberry Banana Yogurt

Lunch- 450 calories

1/2 cup spaghetti style pasta
1/4 cup tomato meat sauce
salad (1 cup fresh baby spinach, 4 medium strawberries sliced, 1 oz cinnamon covered almonds (crushed), 2 tbsp reduced fat raspberry vinegrette)
90 calorie snack Quaker mini delights

Dinner- 307 calories

Broiled tilapia with Tony's, 1 fillet
Broccoli (steamed with minced garlic and crushed red pepper)
Sweet potato, baked with (Smart Balance, Smart Balance Omega Plus Buttery Spread, 1 Tbsp, Granulated Sugar, 1 tsp, and 1 tsp of cinnamon)

Snacks- 221 calories

Pink Lady Apple (YUM!)- after lunch
Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwich- after dinner

Total Calories- 1275 with all of my carb, protein and fat levels met.


I have lost 18lbs in 8.5weeks, and I am so proud of myself.


This entry was posted on 1:02 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: